FAQs - TRANSITION
- Transition is an area where all entrants must rack their bike and leave their essentials for the swim and run.
- It is the area where you will be based for transition from swim to bike (known as T1) and bike to run (known as T2)
- The transition area is a secure area, limited to entrants only.
- At TriAthy there will be FOUR separate transition zones - one for each of the TriAthy races.
- Competitors should be fully aware of the movement flows in and out of transition during race day. These will be set out in detail within the race course maps.
- You will be allowed access to your transition area for racking approx. 90 minutes before your race starts - the precise times will be outlined in the Race Information Booklet which will be distributed in the days before race day.
- You must pass through a bike check station on your way into your transition area.
- Your bike must be racked in advance of the mandatry race briefing.
- All information relating to race (and wave) starts will be emailed to you before the race in the Race Information Booklet. It will also be available online ahead of race day.
- Your bike, helmet and bike shoes. Optionally, you can leave a small towel for your feet together with the remainder of your race kit.
- Whilst transition is fully secure, all belongings are left at owner’s risk.
- Please note that only you and your kit will be allowed into transition.
- This is a high security area and access will only be given to those wearing a race number.
- No boxes or bags may be left at the bike racks.
- There will be a designated bag drop area at TriAthy 2018. Competitors may place a small bag at the bag drop for collection at the new finish area. This bag is normally use by competitors to stow warm clothing etc until transition re-opens.
- Transition will re-open after the last competitor has exited on to the run course on the sanction of the Race Director.