FAQs - Can I use my surfing or shortie wetsuit?
- Written by Arthur Lynch
- Category: THE SWIM
- Created: 29 December 2017
- Hits: 760
- Yes. Any neoprene full body wetsuit is suitable.
- Non-triathlon wetsuits may not be as flexible around the arms and shoulders.
- We recommend that you precise in your wetsuit in the weeks prior to the race.
SwimAthy takes place on Sunday 27th May 2017 and is an ideal opportunity for entrants to test the water ahead of race day.
- It is a fully marshalled event, covering the exact course but without the stress of a race environment.
- For details see www.swimathy.com.
- SwimAthy is open to everyone and is a favourite among athletes preparing for long distance Ironman or Challenge events who want open water experience. It is also perfectly suited to first time triathletes who want to eliminate race nerves and acclimatise themselves.