FAQs - What swim safety measures are in place?
- Written by Arthur Lynch
- Category: THE SWIM
- Created: 03 March 2017
- Hits: 611
- We are a very safety conscious event with a 100% safety record.
- Our water rescue team are medics, rowers and canoeists who are based in the area all year round.
- They are familiar with the behaviour and currents of the river.
- Every person in the water will have a dedicated marshal watching them.
- If you get into trouble, roll into the backstroke position and signal for help using your arm and one of our crew will come to your aid immediately.
- Should you require further assistance, our ambulance crew will be on standby at the riverside.
- Couple of additional facts about swimming at TriAthy:
- The riverbank is never more than 20m away (the river is 40m wide at it's maximum point)
- The river depth is generally chest high during June.
- The river current is normally slow and steady during June.
- Multiple canoeists and river-side marshals will be keeping close watch on our swimming triathletes.