FAQs - Do I need to be able to swim?
- Written by Arthur Lynch
- Category: THE SWIM
- Created: 12 February 2018
- Hits: 1065
YES, for obvious safety reasons you must be able to swim as you will be entering an open water environment.
Our safety crews will be there to assist you if you need help.
However, as a guideline, we suggest you have a minimum competency of:
- 200m non stop in a pool for the TryAthy Course;
- 500m non stop for the Sprint Course;
- 1,200m non stop for the Olympic Course and
- 2,700m non stop for the Double Olympic Course.
There are time limits for the swims and if you exceed them, you could be removed from the water. The time limits are:
- TryAthy - 9 mins
- Sprint - 27 mins
- Olympic - 55 mins
- Double Olympic - 110 mins