FAQs - How is my Age Category determined?
- Written by Arthur Lynch
- Category: GENERAL FAQs
- Created: 02 March 2017
- Hits: 158
- In accordance with the ITU rules, your age is deemed to be your age as at 31 December 2017.
- Here’s an example of how this works:
- Mary turns 40 in July 2017.
- TriAthy 2017 is in June, before her birthday.
- So even though Mary will be 39 when she races in Athy, the rules state that she must race in the 40-44 category because her age will be 40 on 31 December 2017.
- Your category will be automatically generated when you enter!