FAQs - Will there be cars on the road?
- Written by Arthur Lynch
- Category: THE CYCLE
- Created: 03 March 2017
- Hits: 153
- A legal road closure will be in place during TriAthy so the course is not open to normal vehicular traffic.
- TriAthy is one of the few triathlon races in Ireland that have 36km of fully closed routes.
- It is possible that you will encounter a vehicle, but it should be an exceptional circumstance only.
- You will share the road with other race entrants and you are obliged to observe the normal rules of the road.
- Please note that there will be roaming motor bike officials and Gardai on the course.
- In special circumstances, ambulances or local emergency traffic may have to briefly enter onto the course.
- In all situations... the rules of the road will apply.