FAQs - Do I need to be able to swim?
- Written by Arthur Lynch
- Category: THE SWIM
- Created: 10 April 2017
- Hits: 60
YES, for obvious safety reasons you must be able to swim as you will be entering an open water environment.
Our safety crews will be there to assist you if you need help.
However, as a guideline, we suggest you have a minimum competency of:
- 200m non stop in a pool for TryAthy;
- 500m non stop for the Sprint;
- 1,200m non stop for the Olympic and
- 2,700m non stop for the Double Olympic.
There are time limits for the swims and if you exceed them, you could be removed from the water. The time limits are:
- TryAthy - 9 mins
- Sprint - 27 mins
- Olympic - 55 mins
- Double Olympic - 110 mins